Earlier this month, we held legal directories webinars to help UK law firms get ready for the upcoming directories submissions season. We covered a lot of ground in these webinars and received some excellent feedback from those who attended.
As the webinars demonstrated, there is much to think about when it comes to writing a persuasive, compelling submission. We spoke with Alexandra Quilici, one of our Managing Consultants, whose unique mix of experience means she understands the process from the perspective of a law firm’s BD team, as well as that of a directories editor.
Key lessons from our legal directories webinars
The insights shared by Alexandra on the webinars included:
- Key editorial themes — What editors are looking for and where many law firms go wrong.
- Lawyer bios — How to keep these succinct while still presenting long-term expertise and experience of your firm's key lawyers.
- Firm profile — How many law firms overcomplicate this and how to easily stay within the suggested word count.
- Matter summaries — How many to include, how to select them, and what editors are looking for.
- Referees — How to select them, how they affect your rankings, and what makes a good or bad referee for your law firm.
Missed our webinars?
If you weren't able to join us in the webinars, please get in touch if you'd like to receive a recording of one of them — we can also discuss any upcoming submissions you'd like to meet with us to talk about. The next UK deadlines will be announced imminently and we expect to see some deadlines for December 2023. It’s vital you act quickly if you need support on your submissions.
Other free resources you may find useful
The following resources were all mentioned on our webinars and could help with both your submissions and the wider marketing of your law firm and its lawyers.
- Personal Branding for lawyers webinar — On 8 November 2023, we’ll be hosting this new webinar for both lawyers and in-house marketing / BD professionals. You can register here but, if you can’t make that date, register anyway and we'll provide a recording after the event.
- Tim Girven interview (The Legal 500) — We referred to this interview with Tim Girven of The Legal 500 during our webinar. Our co-founder, Jacob Aitken, spoke with Tim who gives some very useful insights into how The Legal 500 operates, their research process in particular.
- Blog post about lawyer website profiles — Though there's a limit on how much you can write about each lawyer, you can use their website bio pages to complement your submission. We recently published a blog post about the importance of lawyer website profiles, which you may find useful.
We're here to help with upcoming legal directory submissions
If you need any help with your upcoming legal directory submissions, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch and we’ll arrange a date and time to speak.